Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Beauty of Nature

I took a trip down to SC to see the parents this week, one - to get away, and two - so my dad could take a look-see at my car and see if the brakes needed to be replaced.

But since they both work during the day, I had the house to myself and figured why not just go sit out on the back deck this afternoon and read. Their house, set far back in the neighborhood, is on a cul-de-sac lot - one such that our neighbors are far enough away since a few acres of land are situated in between each of them. The best part about their location is that the backyard is nothing but woods, solid trees. It's not uncommon to wake up in the morning with 5 deer staring you straight in the face when you step out of your front door, which is quite suiting since the name of the neighborhood is Deerfield Dr.

So I enjoyed myself. Leaning back in the porch swing, I rested my head on the back of the chair and closed my eyes before even opening my book. Breathing in the fresh air, I was as comfy as a lark. The temperature was near perfect, with ever so gentle of a breeze touching my face, playing in my hair. The only sound around was sweet birds vocally teasing one another in the distance. I sat in total solitude, gently swaying in the swing for an amount of time of which I am uncertain. As the clouds periodically let the sun's rays peek around them, and then covered them again, as if playing tag, I felt an overwhelming peace when the warmth enveloped me. Ahhhhh....what sweet moments....

No comments:

Post a Comment